Happy Soul ..

Happy Soul ..

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A trip to Chicago




I reached Chicago on June 06, and enjoyed the summers. Chicago is totally fun in summers, with lots of activities, games, excitements, places to explore, restaurants (veggie), and what not. Chicago is too clean and planned city. But the same place is killing in the winters. It’s just unbearable. This is my second winter in Chicago and I was too happy to see temp not going below zero till Jan, but my happiness disappeared when in Feb temp went below -30 degrees (Huhhhh...spine chilling/killing wind chill). Now i understand why it is Windy City.

When ever I go out I remember Delhi’s(India) winter which I use to feel was too high, now that’s nothing for me. I feel I can withstand any amount of cold, as after certain level our skin becomes insensitive.

I love Starbucks coffee and in winters it’s like God.It also has Classic Coffee cake and Ginger Molase cookie which is my favourite. Starbucks is located in each and every corner of Chicago downtown. So, friends who ever come to Chicago please search for Starbucks in Google for nearest location.

And in any type of cool drinks, Ginger Ale is too good. I wonder how people have lots of ice in water or any type of drinks even in pick winters. And the funniest thing is if you go to any restaurant and order any drink they will give you little drink and more ice & if you ask for drink without ice, then drink will be ice water.....Hahhaaaa

I love Barren & Nobel and Borders, which are giant book chains and once you go there, you will for sure come back again !! Time flies there and you won’t realize you can finish one whole book in 2-3 hours.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and have come to know some facts about Chicago. But over all it’s a beautiful city and you will love to stay here in spite of it's cold weather & cold water in restaurants :)......

Sweta

2 comments:

Praveen S Acharya said...

Helpful tips must say...thnks

O! Priya Priya:) said...

Chicago mujhe bhi summer mein acha lagta hai....Lake Michigan!!!:)Lekin winter mein, mujhe chod, paani ko bhi acha nahi lagtha... Lake Michigan freezes and refuses to flow and dance with its waves!:)