Happy Soul ..

Happy Soul ..

Friday, November 10, 2006

My School Thriveni Academy

Thriven Academy my School in Vadakapattu village, 30 km from Chennai city is a mini Island. It included all type of sports like squash, basketball, tennis, horse riding, swimming, skating, gymnasium etc. It also included shopping complex for teachers, guest house, canteen, and a big hospital. We had morning yoga, exercise & cross country every Saturday. We also had a Shiva Temple where every Sunday we had one hour Bhajan sessions. The school had all Extracurricular activities like singing, dancing, painting, guitar, clay work etc.

The mini Island had more then 2000 students and staff members. I remember we had Thriveni Mahotsav, a cultural festival every year which included dances of all state, drama & singing competition. It was a fun time. I remember the tuck-shop, we use to wait for the evening so that we could go and eat. On the way to girls hostel, there was merry land (kids play ground), we use to pluck cherries and play there for some time.

As there is a slogan, if the base of the tree is strong, then the tree is strong. In the same way my school has made my base strong. The time spent there is an Asset for me. The school days are still fresh in my mind and will always cherish the time spent there.

This note is for the students of Thriveni and all associated with it.

12 comments:

Sucharith said...

lovely!! I can never forget the tuck shops and guava farms...

Sonoo said...

woh jogging bunk karna....woh subah mein bhajan sun kar jagana... woh baarish parne mein school ka cancel hona....woh 2 and half months ka summer holidays hona....How can i forget those days..... !!! Bring those days back to me....

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thriveni.I was in the second batch.I can never forget the place.I fell in love there for the first time..ever and it was during the rains..The walk from the mess to the dorm was a daily heartbreak.It lasted a year.

Unknown said...

mujhe lauta do wo pyare pyare din........

Ayon said...

yes you are right in more ways than one in saying the school an island, because today it's an island of memory isolated from most of that to day hustle bustle....

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon


FREE ebay has finally arrived in the 21st century" at http://www.BuySellDirect.net

http://www.BuySellDirect.net is what people will use in the future to sell their new and used products FREE.

Sweta said...

Woww...am happy so many people have read this blog...yes indeed Thriveni will always be in my memory....All the Best to all of you !!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think we enjoyed the period so much because we were not hooked on mobile phones, computers or even television. We had to smuggle biscuits and chocolates in our shoes,socks and secret compartments in suitcases. It was a such a relief when Mr.Sivan Nair started tuck shop facility in 1991.I remember the cross country jogging, plucking guavas and cherries, swimming and watching movies at Thriveni Kalaranga. The quality of food increased tenfold when the management was under Mr.Rajrathinam .I decided to leave in 1995 after the ethnic group clashes

Sushil Kumar Nair(1989-1995 Class III-VIII)

Anonymous said...

How about the weekly twice movies and the greenery. God I miss those day. An awesome school and lucky to have studied there!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed those days. Today no school can provide.
Bidhan. 1987 - 91.

vignesh said...

Hii.i have current photos of Triveni academy.why it was closed?

Sudip Kundu said...

What was the reason for complete shut down