Happy Soul ..

Happy Soul ..

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

9/11 Attack & Air Force Engineer

It was evening 5pm, Tuesday,2006. I had to go to someone’s house to get some things sent by my friend from Delhi, India. So I took a cab and told him the street address. In my way the Cab driver asked me you from Kerela, India. I replied no. Then again he said ok from where then, I said Orissa. Now the story begins, he started telling me he is from air force and he is an Engineer. He said he had a good life before but due to 9/11 attack US government has made strict rules. Asians are not allowed to join any federal government job and only citizens are allowed. He had a valid work permit but as terrorism is in the rise he was not allowed to join the US air force. It’s been six years he is still in a hope that he will get his job back, and applied for green card. His waiting period is so long, he feels that coming back to US he took a bad decision. But it’s too late now. Going back also does not help him. He has his family to look after. This is a small story about cab driver, but there might be lots of people till suffering.

So one day or the other we all have to face it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its sad tht this cab driver is suffering for somebody else's mistake...n their is nothing tht ordinary ppl like us can do...bt as it is said we can definitly tk an initiative...n others will follow..